- Accepting Orders
- 0 Reviews
or 4 payments of $373.75 with Info
Compact shotgun microphone. Provides great sound to feature films, documentaries, outdoor shoots or studio productions. Absolute natural sound and outstanding off-axis linearity. Ideal for camera mounting.
Compact Shotgun Condenser
The Sennhesier MKH8060 is a compact shotgun microphone with a natural sound and outstanding off-axis linearity.
A little shorter than the ever-popular (and long-time industry standard) MKH416, this relatively new release has a little extra on offer for low-end frequencies, should you want to keep them in your mix.
Like any microphone in the MKH 8000 series, the MKH8060 can be used with the additionally available MZD8000 digital module. The MZD8000 module is an A/D converter that eliminates cable losses and, most importantly, features a converter and surrounding circuitry that have been optimally matched to the microphone.
Back to the standard, straight out the of the box version though…the big difference between MKH416 and MKH8060 has to do with directionality. While MKH416 is undoubtedly the traditional GO-TO microphone for film, ENG, and voiceover applications, it can be somewhat unforgiving when you get slightly off-axis. For inexperienced boom operators, where “one take” is critical, this can lead to a very ‘thin’ sound should the subject move quickly off-axis. In contrast, MKH8060 keeps the natural sound off-axis, being ‘slightly’ less directional (ever-so-slightly), the compact MKH8060 has more a ‘volume’ roll-off when off-axis.
Made in Germany, and like all Sennheiser microphones, can be depended on for years of reliable service in your kit.
In the box:
- Shotgun microphone MKH 8060
- Microphone clip
- Foam windshield
- Threaded transport tube
- User manual
For more detailed information please visit the manufacturer's website.
Buy your Sennheiser MKH8060 Shotgun Microphone at the right price from your Sennheiser experts in Brisbane - Musiclab!
Sennheiser MKH8060 Shotgun Condenser Microphone Specs:
- Dimensions: diameter 19 mm, lenght 175 mm (145 mm excluding XLR module)
- Transducer principle (Microphone): RF condenser microphone
- Frequency response: 50 - 25000 Hz
- Weight: 112 g (80 g excluding XLR module)
- Audio output: XLR-3M balanced, transformerless, floating
- Pick-up pattern: super-cardioid/lobar
- Sensitivity in free field, no load (1kHz): -24 dBV/Pa (63mV/Pa)
- Nominal impedance: 25 Ohm
- Min. terminating impedance: 2000 Ohm
- Phantom powering: 48 V +/- 4 V
- Equivalent noise level: 11 dB
- Equivalent noise level weighted as per CCIR 468-3: 23 dB
- Maximum sound pressure level (passive): 129 dB SPL
- Current consumption: 3,3 mA
Sennheiser MKH8060 Shotgun Condenser Microphone features:
- Super-cardioid/lobar pick-up pattern
- Very natural sound
- Undistorted off-axis sound
- Exceptionally low inherent self-noise
- Extremely low distortion
- Transformerless and fully floating balanced output
- High output signal
- Rugged metal housing
- Non-reflective Nextel® coating
- Extremely weather-proof due to RF circuit
- Ideal for camera mounting due to compact design
- Becomes a digital mic when combined with the MZD 8000 digital module
- Timbrally identical with the other 8000-series microphones for optimum aural compatibility
Free pick-up from store Brisbane only - $0.00
Free in-store pick-up from Level 2, 34 Campbell Street Bowen Hills
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Musiclab users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.