World's Finest DI
The Radial Engineering JDI is a high performance passive direct box for live concert touring and professional studio recording applications, featuring a premium Jensen transformer for exceptional audio performance.
Pure Sound of the Instrument
The Radial JDI is a passive direct box designed to handle extreme signal levels without distortion of any kind. At the heart, the Radial JDI employs the world class Jensen JT-DB-EPC audio transformer delivering a smooth, warm sounding Bessel curve, reminiscent of the finest vintage gear. Ruler flat from 10Hz to 40kHz and with virtually zero phase deviation, the JDI delivers the natural, pure sound of the instrument without artifact. By its no-power passive design, the Radial JDI performs both high-to-low impedance conversion and signal balancing over a magnetic bridge that passes signal while rejecting stray DC voltage. This makes the JDI particularly adept at eliminating hum and buzz caused by ground loops.
Built tough to handle the abuse of live touring, the JDI features a 14-gauge steel I-beam inner frame and a unique book-end outer shell. The innovative design eliminates stress on the PCB, reducing opportunity for solder joints to go ‘cold’ while the outer shell creates a protective zone around the switches and connectors. The steel casing resists noise-causing electromagnetic pollution and the transformer’s sensitive inner workings are further protected from magnetic fields with a MuMETAL® can. This ensures the signal transfer is quiet and free from hum.
Buy your Radial Engineering JDI from your Radial specialists in Brisbane - Musiclab!
For more information on the Radial Engineering JDI, please visit the manufacturers website.
Radial Engineering JDI Specs:
- Audio circuit type: Passive, transformer based
- Transformer: JT-DB-EPC
- Number of channels: Single channel (mono)
- Frequency response: 20Hz ~ 20KHz (± 0.2dB)
- Dynamic range: 135dB
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.05% from 20Hz ~ 20kHz @-10dB
- Phase Deviation: 0.3° @ 100Hz; 3° @ 20Hz
- Input Impedance: 140k Ohms, unbalanced
- Output Impedance: 150 Ohms, balanced
- Maximum Input: +21dB @ 20Hz ~ 20kHz
- Input pad, Mono Sum, 180° polarity reverse, Ground lift, Speaker filter
- Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Finish: Durable powder coat
- Size (L x W x D): 5" x 3.3" x 1.8" (127mm x 84.1mm x 45.5mm)
- Weight: 1.55 lbs (703 grams)
- Shipping size (L x W x D): 6.5" x 4" x 3" (165mm x 102mm x 76mm)
- Shipping weight: 1.92 lbs (870.9 grams)
- Power: Passive, no power required
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
- Warranty: Radial 3-year, transferable
Radial Engineering JDI Features:
- Input and throughput ¼” connectors
- -15dB input pad
- Ground lift
- 180º degree polarity reverse
- Jensen Transformer equipped passive DI
- Eliminates hum and buzz from ground loops
- Virtually zero phase and harmonic distortion
- Exceptional signal handling and noise rejection
Free pick-up from store - $0.00
Free in-store pick-up from Level 2, 34 Campbell Street Bowen Hills
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Musiclab users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.