Grab the set in Matte black!
The Neumann KM 184 carries on the legacy of the hugely successful KM 84, a staple in professional studios over the last 40 years. Like its predecessor, the KM 184 is a small diaphragm, cardioid condenser microphone suitable for a wide range of recording applications. Unlike the KM 84, which is known for its flat high-end frequency response, the new KM 184 exhibits a slight boost around 9 kHz, which equates to a brighter and more present sound.
Another improvement is the KM 184’s increased dynamic range and ability to handle sound pressure levels of up to 138 dB. The stereo set includes a matched pair of KM 184s to facilitate stereo recording techniques, making it the ideal choice when needing to record drum overheads, a grand piano or small ensemble. Due to its simplistic design and economic construction, the KM 184 is suited for both professional recording studios as well as smaller home or project studios.
- Pressure gradient transducer
- Cardiod pattern
- 20Hz to 20kHz frequency range
- 12mV/Pa (-36.2dBu = +38.4 dBv) sensitivity
- 50 ohms rated impedance
- Equivalent loudness level due to inherent noise: 16dB (DIN/IEC 651dB-A), 25dB (CCIR 468-3 weighted)
- S/N ratio re:1Pa @ 1kHz, (CCIR 468-3 weighted) 69dB (S/N = 94dB - equiv. noise) A-weighted: 78dB
- Max SPL for less than 0.5% THD: 138dB
- Total dynamic range of the microphone amplifier (Max SPL-self noise): 122dB
- Current consumption: 2mA
- Weight: 80g
- Dimensions: Length 107mm, Diameter 22mm
- Requires +44V to +52V phantom power
Includes: Wooden case, pop filter, 2 clips, operating instructions, and warranty card.
Free pick-up from store - $0.00
Free in-store pick-up from Level 2, 34 Campbell Street Bowen Hills
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Musiclab users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.