The Optimum Setup for Your Genelec SAM Studio Monitors
If you've invested into Genelec's SAM studio monitor speakers, like any of the 8300 series loudspeakers and their 7300 series subwoofers, then you'll want to maximise your investment by setting the very best out of them. That's where the Genelec Loudspeaker Manager (GLM) system comes into play. We've used the GLM System in our showroom here at Musiclab to set up some of the Genelec Ones range we stock, and the sophisticated software platform and Genelec's AutoCal hardware are worth their weight in gold. The GLM software will enable you to manage levels, distance delays, and frequency balances of up to 40 networked speakers, all in one intuitive interface, while the AutoCal hardware automatically measures, analyses, and adjusts your speaker settings for you...Nice!
GLM 3. Making SAM Even Smarter.
GLM 3 software tightly integrates with the advanced internal DSP circuitry which a growing family of Genelec SAM monitors and subwoofers is equipped with, from the tiny 8320 to the massive 1236A. GLM 3’s reference microphone kit allows your acoustic environment to be analysed, after which GLM 3’s AutoCal feature optimises each monitor for level, distance delay, subwoofer crossover phase and room response equalisation, with the option for you to further fine tune the system. By minimising the room’s influence on the sound, GLM 3 helps Genelec monitors deliver an unrivalled reference, with excellent translation between rooms.
Please note that to enable GLM software to integrate with your SAM monitors, you’ll also need the Genelec network adaptor kit (8300-601) – which includes the GLM network adaptor, 8300A calibration microphone and microphone holder, 1.8 m USB cable and Quick Connection Guide. The network adaptor connects to your Mac or PC via the supplied USB cable, and to your SAM monitors via an 5 metre Ethernet cable (which is supplied separately with each SAM monitor).
Genelec GLM saves you frustration!
If you’ve ever been frustrated that your mixes don’t translate well to other systems, it’s because your monitors and your room are interacting to produce a frequency response that can be far from the neutral and smooth response that you need to create a great mix. Watch it being setup live in this video.
Genelec Loudspeaker Manager Features:
- A powerful monitor-control networking system that manages speaker connectivity
- Supports up to 40 8200/8300 series monitors or 7200/7300 series subwoofers in any configuration
- GLM AutoCal provides automated measurement, analysis, and adjustment GLM controlled speakers
- Includes factory-calibrated Genelec 8300A acoustic measurement microphone
- GLM software features adjustment of levels, distance delays, and more
Please note: GLM 3 cannot control Classic Genelec monitors. If you’re using Classic models, be sure to adjust their rear-panel DIP switches for a neutral frequency response after placement in the room. Full details can be found in every user manual.
Add the GLM System to your Genelec SAM monitor setup and you'll love yourself for it!
Genelec SAM GLM Features:
- Manage and control up to 45 SAM monitors and subwoofers.
- Easily and swiftly create systems to suit all types of stereo, multiple stereo, multichannel or 3D immersive audio formats.
- Optimise, combine and switch between Genelec monitors to make the most of the environment in which you are working.
- Use AutoCal to achieve neutral sound reproduction. Accurate and stable sound stage imaging is delivered thanks to adjustments of levels, distance delays, subwoofer crossover phase and room response compensation equalisation.
- Use the personalisation feature to customise your preferred response - without sacrificing predictability.
- Submit your GLM files to our Cloud Helpdesk facility to access online expert support and advice.
- Calibrate listening levels to loudness standards, such as ATSC A/85 and EBU R128, without the need for a high quality external monitor controller or other measurement tools.
- Take advantage of GLM Cloud services anywhere and anytime – providing a secure back-up and instant access to the very latest software updates and standards.
- Manage levels with the GLM master fader calibrated in relative dB or absolute SPL scale, or with external wired or wireless level controllers available as accessories.
- Store calibration settings for different listening positions; then instantly recall them as required during production.
- Create and recall customised response curves and analogue or digital inputs.
- Enjoy the benefits of repeatable and consistent performance, enabling accurate monitoring in any production environment.
Free pick-up from store - $0.00
Free in-store pick-up from Level 2, 34 Campbell Street Bowen Hills
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Musiclab users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.