Musiclab is a leading supplier of professional audio and hi-tech music equipment. We are centrally located in located in Bowen Hills in Brisbane, right near the "spaghetti junction" of Airport Link, Clem 7 tunnel and Inner City Bypass. In other words, all roads lead to Musiclab.
Musiclab is the one stop shop for everything needed to set up your recording studio - whether it your first bedroom studio or a professional multi-room facility . The following summary refers to some of our major product areas.
Direct Access - Best Products, Best Prices, Best Support
Musiclab has a strong portfolio of products which we directly import. This results not only in lowest prices, but also in the best available level of support. We have direct access to the designers and manufacturers of the fine products.
- Musiclab is the sole reseller of Magma products in the Australasian region. Magma produces a range of PCI and PCIe expansion systems for servers, desktops and portable platforms. Magma expansion chassis are particularly helpful in the expansion of Avid Pro Tools HD systems. ExpressBox7 allows ProTools HD users to run maximum of seven ProTools HD cards in one computer. PE6R4 allows HD users with legacy systems (PCI cards) to run those cards in an expansion chassis connected to one PCIe host card in the computer. Magma's most recent product releases have been the ExpressBox 3T and ExpressBox1T - the Thunderbolt expansion chassis.
- Musiclab is the distributor in Australia for products from German company Rosendahl Studiotechnik - world leaders in synchronization and digital clock technology. Products include nanosyncs HD (DDS audio clock and video sync generator), nanoclocks (word clock distributor with integrated audio master clock generator) and MIF4 (professional MIDI time code interface). German engineering at it's best.
- iZotope (based in Boston, Massachusetts) is a research-driven audio technology company focuses on developing innovative audio technology for professional and consumer applications. This core technology is presented to customers in its award-winning product line which includes RX2 (complete audio restoration), Stutter Edit, Nectar (complete vocal suite), Ozone 4 (complete mastering system), Trash (multiband, dual stage distortion plug-in) and Alloy (essential mixing tools).
- FMR Audio was founded in 1997 by the husband and wife team of Mark and Beth McQuilken as a means to produce and distribute the Really Nice Compressor (RNC). We currently stock five FMR products: RNC1773 (Really Nice Compressor), PBC-6A (Compressor), RNLA (Really Nice Levelling Amp), RNP8380 (Really Nice Preamp) and A.R.C. (dynamic FX pedal) . This range was not designed to be the most esoteric of audio products, but rather to be well-priced tools to be within the rach of all audio engineers and musicians.
- Stage Ninja produces a range of inventive stage products developed and manufactured by some roadies who decided to make the products that they always wondered why no one ever made. Retractable cables for stage and studio well as well as a range designed for use in stage trussing. Scorpion Series completely eliminates the need for bulky stands and mounts, enabling users to set-up anywhere.
- Holophone microphones are developed and manufactured in Canada by "Super Mike" Mike Godfrey. Musiclab currently stocks the range of surround microphones (H3-D, H4 SuperMINI and PortaMic Pro) and will soon have stock of the handheld performance mic Super C.
- Argosy Consoles
- AirTurn - Bluetooth page turners for iPad. So many musicians are replacing their stacks of printed music for the convenience of digitised scores which can be stored and displayed on the iPad. However, the need for a convenient solution for the problem of page turning has become a prime concern for many. The BT105 from AirTurn is the answer.
- Lampifier Microphones - the performance microphones with the built-in audio processors.
- Cloud Microphones - handcrafted ribbon microphones and Cloudlifter mic activators.
Pro Tools Mbox is one of the world's leading digital audio workstations and Musiclab carries and supports the complete range - including the new hardware only options.
We carry an extensive range of audio interfaces, music software, studio monitors (including Dynaudio Acoustic, Genelec, Yamaha and Fostex), headphones and studio microphones (including Neumann, AKG, Rode, DPA, Sennheiser, Shure and sE) to equip your studio. We also specialise in the design of acoustic treatments for recording spaces and have a complete range of available treatments - including acoustic panels, bass traps, diffusers and isolation tools.
For the performing musician, we have everything required for a complete PA system - microphones, stands, cables, mixing desks, speakers. We also specialise in synthesizers - both the major brands like Yamaha, Korg, Kurzweil and Roland as well as the esoteric like Moog, Nord, Novation and Dave Smith Instruments.
All in all, if you need anything for your sound system, Musiclab is the place for you - in store or on-line.
Some of our most popular products at the moment are: