Highly Versatile on-the-go portable recorder!
The Zoom H5 provides four tracks of simultaneous recording and, like the Zoom H6, it can use all Zoom interchangeable input capsules, allowing you to choose the best mic for every recording situation. The flexible and powerful H5 provides everything you need to create multitrack recordings, audio for video, and state-of-the-art podcasting, broadcasting and electronic newsgathering. The XYH-5 X/Y microphone capsule included with the H5 provides two matched unidirectional condenser microphones set at a 90 degree angle.
These are housed within an advanced shockmount that employs rugged external mic wires and rubberized material to isolate the unit from the H5 body and thus minimize vibration and handling noise. The design of the XYH-5 also allows the Zoom H5 to handle louder sounds than any other Handy Recorder model: 140 dB SPL, to be precise—equivalent to the sound of a jet aircraft from less than 200 feet away—enabling you to capture sounds louder, closer, and cleaner than you ever could before.
The front panel of the Zoom H5 offers dedicated record arming buttons for each track, which double as mute switches during playback. A Hold switch disables all front panel buttons to prevent accidental operation during recording. The H5 can be attached to a camera strap or, with the use of our optional Hot Shoe mount, mounted directly to a DSLR or camcorder.
The Zoom H5 also provides everything you need to connect with the outside world. Dual combo XLR/TRS inputs that can handle both mic- and line-level signals allow you to connect external microphones and line-level devices like mixers, portable music players, effects processors, and electronic keyboards—even electric guitars or basses equipped with active electronics. Each H5 input has its own dedicated gain control knob, located beneath a protective bar that prevents accidental movement during handling. The supplied XYH-5 X/Y capsule also provides a secondary input for connecting stereo mic- or line-level signal via a ⅛" mini phone jack. The H5 supports a +4 dB (professional) input level and utilizes the same high-quality preamps as the H6, ensuring great-sounding recordings in all sonic environments.
There are lots of output options as well. A dedicated Line Out with adjustable volume allows you to send a stereo audio output from the H5 to the mic input of a video camera or other device without the need for an attenuator cable. In addition, there's a separate headphone output with a dedicated volume control. You can use both outputs simultaneously to route audio to your DSLR while monitoring over headphones. There's also a built-in speaker for fast access playback, and a USB port which allows the H5 to be used as an audio interface for your computer or iPad.
Power and Storage
Just 2 AA batteries—either alkaline or rechargeable NiMH—are required for power. When using alkaline batteries, the H5 will operate for more than 15 hours, even while recording continuously. You can also use an optional AC adapter to power the H5 without batteries. The H5 records directly to SD and SDHC cards up to 32 gigabytes. Maximum recording time is dependent upon the card size and file type; for example, a 2GB SD card can hold approximately fourteen hours of stereo 320kbps MP3 files, three hours of stereo 16-bit / 44.1 kHz WAV files, or an hour of stereo 24-bit / 96kHz WAV files.
There’s an Auto-Record function that allows recording to begin automatically when a certain level of sound is detected and an equivalent Auto-Stop function that ends recording when the sound drops below a user-designated level, either immediately or up to 5 seconds later. And then there's Backup-Record—the ultimate safety net.* It enables the Zoom H5 to automatically record a duplicate set of stereo tracks with 12dB less input gain. Even if your original track is distorted, chances are the Backup version will be fine! (* 44.1 and 48kHz WAV files only.)
How to connect your Zoom H5 to your DSLR Camera
Buy your Zoom H5 Handy Recorder from your Zoom specialists in Brisbane - Musiclab!
For more detailed information on the Zoom H5 handy Recorder, please visit Zoom's website.
Portable Audio Recorder
- Uses a system of interchangeable microphone capsules
- Includes detachable X/Y capsule (XYH-5)
- Compatible with all Zoom input capsules
- Records up to 24-bit / 96 kHz
- Recording format: WAV (BWF compatible) and MP3
- 4-track simultaneous recording
- Large backlit LCD display
- Records directly to SD and SDHC cards up to 32 GB
- 2 mic/line inputs with XLR/TRS combo connectors, each with selectable phantom power and -20 dB pad
- Gain control knob on each input, with protective 'roll-bar' that prevents accidental movement during handling
- Plug-in power (2.5 V)
- Built-in effects, including high-pass filter, compressor and limiter
- Chromatic tuner and metronome
- Auto-record, pre-record and backup-record functions
- M/S decoding
- Multitrack to stereo internal mixdown
- Normalize, divide, and trim editing
- A/B loop playback
- Integrated loudspeaker
- Variable playback speed and pitch (without tempo change)
- Multichannel and stereo USB audio interface for PC, Mac and iPad (requires optional camera connection kit)
- 1/4" attachment screw-hole on the back side
- Powered by 2 Conventional AA alkaline batteries or NiMH rechargeable battery packs
- Operating time (with alkaline batteries): approx. 15 h
- Dimensions of H5: 67 x 135 x 42 mm
- Dimensions of XYH-5 capsule: 66 x 82 x 41 mm
- Weight H5: 176 g
- Weight XYH-5: 94 g
- XYH-5 X/Y microphone capsules
- 2x AA (LR6) batteries
- USB Cable
- Foam windscreen
- Steinberg Cubase LE software (download)
- Steinberg WaveLab LE software (download)
- SGH-6 Shotgun Mic Capsule
- EXH-6 Dual XLR/TRS Combo Capsule
- XYH-6 X/Y Mic Capsule
- MSH-6 Mid-Side Mic Capsule
- HS-01 Hot Shoe Mount Adapter
- WSU-1 Universal Windscreen
- PCH-5 Protective Case
- APH-5 Accessory Pack includes RCH-5 wired Remote Controller,
- AD-17 USB-type AC adapter, and Hairy Windscreen
|Integrated Stereo Microhone||Yes|
|48 V Phantom power||Yes|
|Storage Medium||SD/SDHC Card|
|Resolution max.||24 bit|
|Max. Sample Rate||96 kHz|
Zoom H5 Handy Recorder Features:
- A versatile 4-in/2-out mobile recording system
- 2 XLR/TRS combination inputs with microphone preamps and phantom power (+12/+24/+48V) accommodate most analog connections
- Modular input connection lets you attach onboard microphones and additional input jacks
- Gain knobs for each input make setting levels fast and easy
- Shockmounted XYH-5 XY stereo microphone module included
- Captures audio at up to 24-bit/96kHz professional-grade resolution
- Doubles as a handy USB recording interface with your Mac, Windows PC, or iPad (via Apple Camera Connection Kit)
- Large LCD display makes navigation and setup extremely easy
- Built-in processing includes highpass filtering, compression, limiting, and M-S stereo width decoding
- Loop playback, variable playback speed (from 50% to 150%), and variable pitch per track make this an excellent practice tool
- Chromatic tuner and metronome built in for added convenience
- Records onto SD and SDHC storage media with up to 32GB capacity
- Record for up to 15 hours on just 2 AA batteries
- Includes operation manual, 2 AA batteries, USB cable, foam windscreen, Wavelab LE software, and carrying case
- Optional shotgun mic, input expansion module, and hot shoe mount accessory also available
Free pick-up from store - $0.00
Free in-store pick-up from Level 2, 34 Campbell Street Bowen Hills
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Musiclab users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.