Five Mics in this Super-Handy Recorder from Zoom!
The Zoom H2n is ideal for those needing a high quality, portable recorder that can handle a variety of situations. Inside the H2n are 5 different microphones, allowing sound to be recorded in either X/Y, mid-side, 2-channel surround and 4-channel surround modes. The H2n can accept line level signals as well as condenser microphones needing phantom power via its mini phone jack. Input gain can be adjusted manually or with one of the three auto-gain presents. Sources can be monitored via the headphone jack or built-in speaker.
A low-cut filter can be switched in to attenuate low-end rumble, while compression and limiting can be applied to smooth out unwanted changes in volume. Also included is a metronome function as well as chromatic tuner for practicing musicians. The H2n can be connected to a computer via USB allowing data transfer and transforming it into a 2 channel audio interface that can be used with a DAW.
With its multiple microphones and recording modes, the Zoom H2n can handle just about every kind of application. Here are just a few ways it can be used:
- Live recording of concerts and rehearsals, in either stereo or surround sound
- Location videography—the H2n gives you plenty of options in postproduction
- Creating audio for YouTube videos
- Generating lasting audio documents of important events
- As a USB microphone providing input to recording software
Zoom H2n Handheld SD Recorder Features:
- Five built-in microphones and four recording modes: Mid-Side (MS) stereo, 90° X/Y stereo, and both 2-channel and 4-channel surround
- Analog-type input gain control
- Auto Gain provides three preset recording levels
- Stereo ⅛" Mic/Line In mini phone jack with Plug-in power (2.5V)
- Stereo ⅛" Phone/Line Output jack with dedicated volume control
- Built-in reference speaker for fast monitoring
- Large 1.8 inch backlit LCD display
- Records directly to SD and SDHC cards up to 32 GB
- Supports up to 24-bit/96 kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats
- Auto-record and Pre-record features
- WAV to MP3 conversion
- Internal mixdown: four-track surround to stereo
- Up to 99 marks per recording
- Built-in effects, including compression/limiting and low-cut filtering
- Onboard MS decoding
- Normalize and Divide functions
- Chromatic tuner and metronome
- Loop playback with user-defined start and stop points
- Variable playback speed, from 50% to 150% for phrase training
- Variable pitch without affecting playback speed
- USB port for data exchange to and from computer and use as a USB microphone
- 4-in/2-out USB audio interface for PC/Mac computers
- SD card reader function
- Data recovery function automatically saves data if power fails or card is removed
- Mounts directly to tripod or DSLR
- Runs on only 2 standard AA alkaline or NiMH rechargeable batteries, or AC adapter (AD-17, USB to AC type)
- Over 20 hours of operation with 2 AA alkaline batteries
Includes 2GB microSD card, 2 AA batteries and WaveLab LE software.
Buy your Zoom H2N from your Zoom speacialists in Brisbane - Musiclab!
For more information on Zoom H2N please visit Zoom's website
Zoom H2n Handheld SD Recorder Features:
- A handheld recorder that's ready for any situation
- 5 onboard microphones give you tons of recording options
- Crystal-clear 1.8-inch backlit LCD display is easy to see in variable lighting conditions
- Mid-Side (MS) mics provide continuously variable stereo width control — even after you've recorded
- Get stunning 360-degree surround sound recordings using the Mid-Side and XY mics together
- Data recovery function has you recover your recordings if you lose power
- Built-in reference speaker confirms that your recording has been captured
- High-Speed USB 2.0 interface lets you transfer files to your computer and use the H2n as a USB microphone
- Uses SD/SDHC cards up to 32GB for over 50 hours of recording time (16-bit/44.1kHz WAV)
Free pick-up from store Brisbane only - $0.00
Free in-store pick-up from Level 2, 34 Campbell Street Bowen Hills
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Musiclab users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.