Universal Audio's most powerful Apollo Twin yet!
Apollo Twin X allows musicians and producers to easily track, overdub, and mix with elite-class A/D and D/A conversion, two Unison-enabled preamps, and available DUO or QUAD Core realtime UAD plug-in processing — all in a desktop Thunderbolt 3 audio interface for Mac and Windows.
Built upon UA’s 60-year heritage of audio craftsmanship, Apollo Twin X confidently outperforms everything in its class, with 127 dB D/A dynamic range and an included bundle of UAD analogue emulation plug-ins, giving you a fully-stocked analog studio, right on your desktop.
Two Unison Preamps: Get the Genuine Sound of Neve, Helios, API, Manley & More
Apollo Twin X features two Unison-enabled mic preamps, letting you track through exacting mic preamp emulations from Neve, Helios, API, Manley, Universal Audio and many more. Exclusive to UA Audio Interfaces, Unison technology nails the tone of these sought-after tube and solid state mic pres — including their input impedance, gain stage “sweet spots,” and the component-level circuit behaviors of the original hardware.
The secret to Unison is its hardware-software integration between Apollo’s mic preamps and its onboard UAD DUO or QUAD Core DSP Acceleration. Simply place a Unison preamp plug-in on your mic input in Apollo Console software, and it physically reconfigures the Apollo interface's impedance — so you can tap into the classic sounds of the world’s most recorded mic preamps.
Elite-Class A/D and D/A Conversion
With thousands of hit songs and hundreds of Grammy-winning albums under their belt, Apollo interfaces are used to track exceptional-sounding records every day. To improve on the previous generation of desktop Apollo interfaces’ class-leading audio conversion, UA engineers redesigned the Twin’s audio conversion to deliver a striking 127 dB dynamic range and -117 dB THD+N, giving Apollo Twin X a spacious, organic sound that easily rivals dedicated high-end converters.
Sensational plug-in bundle included!
UAD Powered Plug-ins have earned their reputation for being some of the most accurate emulations of analogue audio equipment ever created. The amazing processing power of the UAD platform is what makes these plug-ins sound so great. You simply can't get the depth, colour, and character these plug-ins have without devoting huge CPU resources to them. Best of all, Apollo Twin X DUO lets you record your audio through UAD plug-ins in real time with sub-2ms latency. You'll receive the Realtime Analogue Classics Plus bundle, which includes:
- UA 610-B Tube Preamp and EQ
- Marshall Plexi Classic Amplifier
- Fairchild 670 (Legacy)
- Teletronix LA-2A Classic Leveling Amplifier (Legacy)
- 1176SE Classic Limiting Amplifiers (Legacy)
- 1176 LN Classic Limiting Amplifiers (Legacy)
- Pultec Pro Equalizers (Legacy)
- Ampeg SVT-VR Classic Bass Amp
- Precision Mix Rack Collection
- UA Precision Enhancer Hz
- Raw Distortion
- RealVerb Pro
Right out of the box, Apollo Twin X offers a suite of incredible analog emulation plug‑ins including the world’s only authentic Teletronix LA-2A, 1176LN, Pultec EQs, and the UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ. Developed by UA’s world-renowned team of algorithm engineers, these Realtime Analogue Classics plug-ins set the standard by which all other hardware emulation plug-ins are judged.
From the tube warmth of the Pultec EQ on guitars, to the gentle limiting of the LA-2A on vocals, your recordings will take a giant leap forward in rich, sonically complex analogue sound.
Record with Vintage Amps
Apollo Twin X also includes Unison technology on its front panel instrument input, giving you access to dead-on emulations of guitar and bass amps like the Fender '55 Tweed Deluxe, Marshall Plexi Super Lead 1959, and the Ampeg B-15N Bass Amplifier.
Thunderbolt: ultra-low latency and unrivaled bandwidth
Thunderbolt is one of the most important technologies to impact audio production in years, and UA was one of the first to adopt it. Thanks to its blazing-fast connectivity, Thunderbolt offers lower latency and greater stability than USB or FireWire, clocking in with the speed and ultra-fast performance of a PCI Express system.
In fact, the Apollo Twin X DUO's Thunderbolt 3 connection runs projects with high track counts at latencies of less than 2ms! On top of that, up to four Apollo interfaces can be networked over Thunderbolt to add fast, high-bandwidth I/O and DSP to your studio. You don't even need a brand-new computer — the Apollo Twin X DUO's two built-in Thunderbolt 3 ports are backward-compatible with Thunderbolt 1 and 2 Macs (does not support Thunderbolt 1 or 2 on Windows — adapter sold separately).
Additional Connections & Built‑in Talkback
WIth its two onboard Unison-equipped preamps, two line outs, and optical ADAT/SPDIF input — plus dedicated monitor remote controls and a built-in Talkback mic — the 10 x 6 Apollo Twin X gives you the I/O you need for professional tracks and mixes.
Build a Networked Studio
Users of any Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo interface can combine up to four Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices — adding I/O and DSP as your studio grows. Once you expand your studio with an Apollo x6, x8, x8p, or x16 rackmount unit, you can use Apollo Twin X as a desktop monitor control while still tapping its additional I/O and DSP power.
For more information on the Universal Audio Apollo Twin X DUO, please visit UA website.
Buy your Universal Audio Apollo Twin X DUO from your Universal Audio speciailists in Brisbane - Musiclab!
Universal Audio Apollo Twin X DUO Tech Specs:
- Computer Connectivity: Thunderbolt 3
- Form Factor: Desktop
- Simultaneous I/O: 10 x 6
- A/D Resolution: 24-bit/192kHz
- Built In DSP/FX: UAD-2 Duo Core Processing, Realtime UAD Powered Plug-ins
- Number of Preamps: 2 x mic, 1 x instrument
- Phantom Power: Yes
- Analogue Inputs: 2 x XLR-1/4" combo (mic/line), 1 x 1/4" (Hi-Z)
- Analogue Outputs: 2 x 1/4" (monitor), 2 x 1/4" (line out)
- Digital Inputs: 1 x Optical Toslink (ADAT,S/PDIF)
- Headphones: 1 x 1/4" TRS
- Thunderbolt: 1 x USB-C (Thunderbolt 3)
- Software: UAD Realtime Analogue Classics Plug-in Bundle (VST, AU, AAX 64)
- OS Requirements - Mac: macOS 10.12 or later, Quad Core i7 Processor or higher
- OS Requirements - PC: Windows 10 Anniversary update or later, Quad Core i7 Processor or higher
- Power Supply: 12V DC power supply (included)
Apollo X Series System Requirements:
Thunderbolt 3 cable (not included)
Internet connection to download software and authorize UAD plug-ins
6 gigabytes available storage
Quad Core i7 or better processor recommended
For additional compatibility information, visit help.uaudio.com
Available Thunderbolt 1, 2, or 3 port
Thunderbolt 1 and 2 connections require an Apple Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter (not included)
macOS 10.12 Sierra, 10.13 High Sierra, or 10.14 Mojave
Available Thunderbolt 3 port
Windows 10 (64-Bit Edition)
Universal Audio Apollo Twin X DUO Audio Interface Features:
- 10-in/6-out Thunderbolt 3 audio interface for Mac or PC, with onboard UAD-2 DUO Core processing
- Upgraded elite-class AD/DA conversion supplies an ultra-pristine signal path with 127dB dynamic range
- 2 Unison preamps allow you to track through models of the industry's most legendary hardware
- Integrated talkback for easy communication and slating takes
- Ultra-fast Thunderbolt 3 connectivity provides less than 2ms of latency and ample expandability
- Realtime Analog Classics Plus UAD plug-in bundle included featuring 16 amazing plug-in emulations
- Track and monitor through plug-ins with no latency
- Backward-compatible with Thunderbolt 1 and 2 Macs (does not support Thunderbolt 1 or 2 on Windows — adapter sold separately)
Free pick-up from store - $0.00
Free in-store pick-up from Level 2, 34 Campbell Street Bowen Hills
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Musiclab users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.